Chad is a member of Ginovus’ site selection and economic development incentives practice. He provides location modeling, site selection, and advice on structuring economic development incentive agreements for clients throughout North America. Chad has closed transactions resulting in over $1.1 billion of capital investment and an estimated 7,700 new jobs. His depth of experience gives Chad the knowledge and expertise to understand projects resulting from complex corporate transactions to the needs of start-up companies. Chad is also a member of The Site Selectors Guild, an internationally recognized site selection organization. Members are peer-nominated, vetted, and must demonstrate significant professional location advisory experience.
Before joining Ginovus, Chad served on the senior leadership team of the Indiana Economic Development Corporation (IEDC), the State of Indiana’s lead economic development agency, where he held the roles of EVP, CFO, and General Counsel. During that time, Chad represented Indiana in structuring and negotiating incentives for more than 700 companies (including Nestle, Honda, and Amazon). He also participated as a member of the State‘s trade delegations to Asia and Europe in an effort to secure new foreign direct investment opportunities. Prior to his work with IEDC, Chad practiced law with the Indianapolis-based law firm Ice Miller and as a CPA with Deloitte.
- J.D., Summa Cum Laude, Indiana University, Maurer School of Law
- B.S., Accounting, Kelley School of Business, Indiana University
- Former EVP & General Counsel, Indiana Economic Development Corporation
- Advisory Member, Board of Directors, Site Selectors Guild
- March 2022 – Served as a panelist for the “What’s the Big Deal: The Future of Mega-Projects” session at the Site Selectors Guild Annual Conference
- December 2020 – Featured in “Healthcare Concerns Consider U.S. Return“, Expansion Solutions Magazine
- February 2020 – The Site Selectors Guild (SSG) announced that Chad Sweeney is one of three current Site Selectors Guild associate members being advanced to full member status. Read the official news release here.
- American Cancer Society, Ambassador for 2019 Discovery Ball
- Zionsville Lions Club
- Enjoys playing golf
- Spends free time watching his kids play soccer