LESLIE WAGNER, SENIOR PRINCIPAL
Leslie leads clients through the location modeling, site selection, and incentive procurement process. Her work includes managing new facility development, expansion, consolidation, and relocation of Fortune 500, life sciences, manufacturing, distribution, and information technology clients. Leslie has successfully closed transactions resulting in over $570 million in capital investment and over 8,000 new jobs. Her expertise in negotiating and coordinating initiatives with economic development organizations, while synchronizing activities with government agencies provides a significant advantage to Ginovus clients throughout North America.
Leslie brings over 25 years of experience to Ginovus clients in commercial real estate, project management, and development planning activities for governmental and not-for-profit companies. Leslie worked with the Indiana Economic Development Corporation as a project manager and is a frequent speaker at local, regional, and national economic development events, and has authored articles in publications across the United States and Canada. Leslie provides council on community redevelopment, planning, job creation and retention, infrastructure, research and development, regulatory environment, and economic development incentive programs.
- B.A., Business Administration, Franklin College
- Graduate, The Economic Development Institute, International Economic Development Council, University of Oklahoma
- Midwest Real Estate Hall of Fame inductee
- July 2019 – Podcast on “Data Centers in Indiana“, Indiana Economic Development Association (Member Resources section)
- June 2019 – “The Collaboration Score: Why Site Selectors Should Use It“, Site Selection
- May 2019 – “How to Capitalize on the Passage of New Data Center Legislation”, Verisite
- May 2019 – “When The Lights Go Out For Large Retail Spaces, How Do You Create a New Land of Opportunity?”, Inside Indiana Business
- January 2019 – “Is the Rapid Expansion of Co-Working Spaces Sustainable Long-Term?“
- July 2018 – “The Collaboration Score: The Missing Link in Site Selection”, Inside Indiana Business
- February 2018 – “Considering WorkShare Unemployment Insurance“
- October 2017 – “The Collaboration Score: The Missing Link in Site Selection”, Area Development Magazine
- May 2017 – “The Importance of FDI to the U.S. Economy”, Area Development Magazine
- February 2017 – “New Administration. New Policies.“
- August 2016 – “e-CommerceTrends in the U.S. and Its Impact on Economic Development“
- May 2016 – “Canada – Favorable Taxes and Incentives“
- May 2016 – “Why Corporate Headquarters Relocate“, Trade and Industry Development
- May 2016 – “Food Processing and Manufacturing – Trends Dictate Location Choices“
- Novembr 2019 – Participating in a panel discussion on “Emerging Trends in Development” at the Association of General Contractors (ACG) of Indiana Annual Conference in Indianapolis, IN.
- October 2019 – Presented, “Responding Effectively to an RFI” at the Indiana Economic Development Association’s 2019 IEDA Practitioner’s Guide to Economic Development event in Bloomington, IN.
- October 2019 – Featured speaker at the International Economic Development Council (IEDC) Annual Conference in Indianapolis, IN.
- September 2019 – Moderated the panel, “What You Don’t Know About Indianapolis’ Donut Counties” for IndyCREW, Indianapolis, IN.
- July 2019 – Presented “Women in Economic Development” for Radius Indiana
- June 2019 – Presented “Data Centers” at the Indiana Economic Development Association – Explore Southern Indiana Conference, Bloomington, IN.
- May 2019 – Participated in a panel discussion on “The Role of Real Estate in Local Government” at the Indiana Commercial Real Estate Conference, Lebanon, IN.
- May 2019 – Presented “2019 Economic Development Trends” to One Southern Indiana, the chamber of commerce and economic development organization which serves Clark and Floyd counties, Sellersburg, IN.
- April 2019 – Participated in the Indy FAM tour put on by Indy Partnership, a Regional Economic Development Partnership Representing 9 Counties in Central Indiana, Indianapolis, IN.
- April 2019 – Participated in the Business Facilities LiveXchange, a premier event for corporate site selectors, Dallas, TX.
- March 2019 – Presented, “Where We’ve Been and Where We’re Going: Incentives for New Distribution Centers” at the Industrial Asset Management Council, Dallas, TX.
- January 2019 – Attended the Experience Greater Phoenix: Waste Management Phoenix Open, Phoenix, AZ.
- December 2018 – Presented “The Collaboration Score: The Missing Link in Site Selection” at the MidAmerica Economic Development Conference & Site Selector Forum, Chicago, IL.
- November 2018 – Presented “Competing for Data Centers” to Indiana Michigan Power, Fort Wayne, IN.
- October 2018 – Presented “Ginovus Capabilities” to Lauth Property Group, Indianapolis, IN.
- July 2018 – Presented “Urban Site Selection Trends” at the Local Initiatives Support Coalition (LISC) headquarters, Indianapolis, IN.
- June 2018 – Presented “Intense Incentive Administrative Requirements – Is there a balance?” at the Area Development Consultants Forum 25 held at The Conrad, Indianapolis, IN. Programming focused on the trends influencing corporate site selection and economic development.
- May 2018 – Participated in the Business Facilities LiveXchange, Madison, WI.
- March 2018 – Participated in IndyCREW’s Annual Women in Leadership Conference, “Dare to Be Bold – Take Your Seat at the Table” held at the Indiana State Museum, Indianapolis, IN.
- November 2017 – Attended the Elevate Indianapolis event, Indianapolis, IN. Elevate aims to build long-term life-changing relationships with urban youth in Indianapolis Public Schools.
- November 2017 – Moderated the Southern Indiana Economic Development Symposium Panel, Jeffersonville, IN.
October 2017 – Presented on “Marketing Your Region” for the IEDA Conference, Bloomington, IN.
- October 2017 – Led the “Policy and Economic Development” breakout session the Indiana Construction Association Annual Conference, Indianapolis, IN.
- June 2017 Served as an expert panelist “Factors Driving Relocation” on Crain’s Cleveland Business webinar, Cleveland, OH.
- May 2017 – Presented “National Perspective on Trends in Economic Development” along with The Veridus Group at the Indiana Commercial Real Estate Conference, Indianapolis, IN.
- April 2017 – Presented “Attracting Business” to the North Central Indiana Regional Planning Council, Kokomo, IN.
- March 2017 – Moderated “2017 Indianapolis Commercial Real Estate Developers: Transforming Real Estate” panel at a conference hosted by Midwest Real Estate News, Indianapolis, IN.
- December 2016 – Participated on a panel and led a roundtable discussion on Economic Development Incentive Trends at the Mid-America Economic Development Conference, Chicago, IL.
- September 2016 – Participated in the Northeast Indiana Regional Partnership Sites and Buildings Tour, Fort Wayne, IN.
- August 2016 –Presented to the Fishers Government Academy, Fishers, IN.
- June 2016 – Served as a speaker at the Hendricks County Economic Development Partnership quarterly meeting, Plainfield, IN.
- May 2016 – Featured speaker at the Indiana Commercial Board of Realtors (ICBR) Conference, Indianapolis, IN.
- February 2016 – Participated on four panels and served as Chairperson of the Breakout Sessions at the Site Selectors Guild Annual Conference, Nashville, TN.